KeyStone Center Extended Care Unit
Call 1-800-733-6840 today.
Located in Suburban Philadelphia, KeyStone is a therapeutic community originally designed & implemented under the supervision of Dr. Patrick Carnes. Our primary treatment modality is group therapy. Groups are held for approximately six hours per day during the week and four hours per day on the weekends. Group formats include task-focused groups, process groups, education groups, and relapse prevention groups. Various written tasks and completed by the individual group members and processed by the community in groups. The residents attend 12-step meetings six days per week. Four nights a week, clients attend local NA, SLAA and AA meetings, and two nights per week the meeting is held on-site. Weekend outings are planned within certain community parameters addressed by the community during a weekly meeting. Intensive family therapies is encouraged and scheduled individually whenever possible. With a 1:1clinical staff to client ratio, The treatment team is made of of Master Level clinicians, Licensed marriage and Family Therapists, Psychodramatist, Art Therapist, CSAT & CSAT-S therapists (certified sex addiction therapists) and more! Our minimum length of stay is 4 weeks.
- Group Therapy
- 1:1 clinical staff to client ratio
- Each client is assigned 3 individual counselors on admission (Primary Therapist, Marriage and Family therapist & 12 Step counselor).
- Modalities include use of the task model integrated with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Intensive family therapy sessions
- Trauma work includes EMDR therapy
- Holistic approach including Psychodrama, Art Therapy & Mindfulness mediation
- Love/Romance Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
Some Key Areas Addressed
- Addictive pathology and the impact of addictive behaviors on self and others
- Identification and expression of emotions
- Increasing coping skills to support abstinence and recovery
- Family-of-origin dynamics and their effects on adult behaviors and attitudes
- The importance of support systems
- Developing appropriate support systems using 12-step groups
- Grief work
- Healthy sexuality