The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health Mission Statement
The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting sexual health and addressing the escalating consequences of problematic sexual behaviors affecting individuals, families and communities. Seeking collaboration among clinical, educational, legal, policy, and research professionals, SASH advocates a multifactorial approach to address problematic sexual behaviors, further research and to promote sexual health in general.
The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health Goals
- Promote public and professional access to information and resources about the disorders of Problematic Sexual Behavior.
- Support research in the field of Problematic Sexual Behavior.
- Promote appropriate training and education conducive to prevention, assessment and treatment of Problematic Sexual Behavior.
- Encourage communication and collaboration among treatment models and available resources.
- Provide international education opportunities through newsletter, journals, conferences and the media.
- Discern and respond to the stigmatization of Problematic Sexual Behavior.
The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health Vision
SASH envisions a society in which the stigma and ignorance, which currently define the perception of out of control sexual behavior, no longer exist. Instead, adequate and effective treatment modalities exist to properly address the issue.